Shop Healthier With Fooducate
Getting fit and healthy can be pretty difficult for someone like me who doesn’t know what to shop for. I barely have enough time to food shop at all. And let’s be honest, stopping to read every label and do research on all the ingredients isn’t going to happen. Kudos to you if you’ve actually been able to master eating healthy. I however still have a long way to go.
But luckily for me there are apps, like Fooducate, available (on Android and iPhone) to make the whole process easier. I actually talked a little bit about Fooducate in Episode 9: Train Wreck.
You can use Fooducate to:
- Automatically scan a product barcode
- See product highlights (both good & bad)
- Compare products
- Select better alternatives
- Dig deeper and learn more about food and nutrition
- Created by dietitians and concerned parents
- Uses your mobile’s camera to effortlessly scan UPC barcode
- Over 200,000 unique products and growing daily
- Simplified information helps you make better choices
- Works on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android OS version 2.2 and up
Fooducate analyzes information found in each product’s nutrition panel and ingredient list to show you what manufacturers don’t want you to see, such as: high fructose cornsyrup, excessive fats, confusing serving sizes, additives and preservatives and more. It then grades the product on a scale of F-A+ and goes into detail on why it received it’s score. One of the best part of Fooducate is that it’s NOT funded or influenced by food manufacturers. Using it feels a lot like taking great advice from a trusted friend.
Do you use Fooducate or any other app to help with your food shopping?