Pokemon Go Is Getting A New Update
The New Buddy System Will Be Amazing
According to Pokemon Go Hub, an upcoming update for Pokémon Go has been data mined, and will include a Buddy System. Reportedly, the system will allow you to choose a Pokémon to walk along side you. The app will show the Pokémon walking alongside your avatar, flying alongside your avatar, or sitting on your avatar’s shoulder, depending on the Pokémon. As the Pokémon travels with you, it will be earning candies. This will be key in helping evolve Pokémon and therefore filling up that pesky Pokédex.
As listed by Pokémon Go Hub, this is what we know so far:
- Pokemon Buddy System is using the same server side distance calculation as the one used for Pokemon Eggs
- Walking your Pokemon Buddy will award you with candy. The amount of candy is yet to be determined.
- You can walk the same Pokemon Buddy multiple times, but there is likely a daily limit for obtained candy
- You can walk with only one Buddy Pokemon at a time
- There are various looks of Buddy Pokemon
- Medium size
- Big size
- Flying next to you
- Rests on your shoulder
If this report is true, it’s going to renew some people’s interest in the game. I know I haven’t been playing as much, just because it’s become frustrating to try to catch new Pokémon. It’s also difficult to evolve many Pokémon. Especially considering a Magikarp takes 400 candies to evolve. I’m extremely excited for this update and can’t wait for it to release.