It’s the Year of the Pig! That’s Super Pig over at Super Animal Royale. Remember that game I got addicted to that cut into all my Fortnite time? Well it’s celebrating the lunar new year with an awesome new patch and a squads test weekend!
Festivities start today and run through February 25th with a brand new bamboo biome and luxurious Super Animal World Bamboo Resort to explore. And of course there’s new limited edition cosmetic items to unlock including two new Super Pig breeds. (Time to grind for all those new goodies!)
Squads Mode Test Weekend
From Jan 31 through Feb 3 @ 11pm PST duos mode will be disabled and squads will open up for testing. Grab up to 3 of your friends and go head to head with other squads in the land of SAW.
Oooh New! Shiny!
The Super Fine Details
New Super Animals & Breeds:
- Super Pig (+ the 2 special event limited edition breeds shown above)
- Super Boar (+ 2 alternative breeds)
- Super Jindo Dog
New Challenge Reward Items:
- Coconut Tee, Palm Shirt and Coconut Dress (for eating coconuts: 25, 75, and 350 respectively)
- 3 Marshmallow Sticks (for using campfires: 1, 25 and 150 respectively)
- Sickle, Large Sickle, and Scythe (for cutting grass tufts: 300, 3000 and 20,000 respectively)
- Grenade Tee (for achieving 5 grenade kills)
- Swag Glasses (for getting 10 vehicle kills)
- Shovel (for opening 15 mole crates)
- Crowbar (for destroying 2500 destructibles)
Additional New Melee Weapon Skins:
- Rebellion Sword
- Wooden Plank
- The Year of the Super Pig event has begun! Play matches to earn the Bamboo Stick, Tai Chi Sword, Lunar Black Hat, Lunar Red Hat, Lunar Shirt, Lunar Dress, Lunar Vest, and the Lunar Traditional Outfit.
- Brand new bamboo biome featuring the S.A.W. Bamboo Resort.
- Lots of new cosmetic items and challenge rewards (listed above).
- New Super Animals and breeds (listed above).
- New languages (listed above).
- Banana slips rewards now only count on enemies. The Banana Tee is achieved after 15 slips, and Banana Fancy Shirt after 50.
- (Note: some of these stats are newly tracked, and so will be starting from 0)
- Stats screen has some design changes.
- Hitboxes now tied to animation rather than a fixed size/position.
- Added breakable doors to some buildings.
- Many performance & efficiency improvements behind the scenes to reduce stutters and especially the on-death stutter.
- Muzzle-glow now restricted to player view distance. Previously it was visible outside the normal vision range on certain resolutions.
- New sounds for some of the melee weapons.
- Snow bush has new animations.